We are Bringz Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 10312759 and have our registered office at 222 Upper Richmond Road West, London, United Kingdom, SW14 8AH
We are a disclosed social ticketing marketplace offering our services to organisers, consumers and promoters of events across various industries via our App and Website.
- You must be over 18 to download and use the App/Website. If you are under 18 then you can only download the App and use the Services with permission from your parent or guardian.
- You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service.
- You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, your or any other person's credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, "Content") that you submit, post or display on or via the Service.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any Bringz page is rendered or displayed in a user's browser or device.
- You may have other rights granted by law, and these Terms of conditions do not affect these except if the two are inconsistent. These Terms of conditions will override any other rights which you may have, unless this is not permitted by law.
- You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the Service, or any features, parts or content of the Service.
- Bringz offers tickets for purchase through its mobile platform for events which provides you with entry into venues and other establishments. Via the App, Organisers will sell tickets and we will facilitate a social network for users. Tickets to events will be uploaded by the venues or promoters on to the Bringz website. Those third parties are responsible to you for the relevant events and shows. We accept no liability on their behalf.
- You can also buy tickets, and share events and photos with your friends through the App.
- Personal injury or death resulting from our negligence;
- Fraud; or
- Any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability
- We can’t guarantee that this App will be:
- Compatible with any or all of your mobile devices or any software which you may use on your device;
- Available all the time or at any specific time; or
- Completely accurate and up to date, although we try.
7. We are not responsible to you for any business losses that you may incur, including but not limited to lost data, lost profits or business interruption. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result of malfunctioning or failure of your device, or errors, delays or interruptions in the operation of the App, or for anything which is beyond our reasonable control.
- You can use this App for your own personal use, and agree not to use it for any purpose prohibited by these Terms of conditions. You are solely responsible for all your activities in connection with the App.
- In order to use the App, you must have a compatible mobile device, access to the Internet, mobile messaging and data services. Fees and charges may apply to your use of the Internet or mobile messaging services. You agree that you are responsible for any such fees or charges where these apply
- This App and its contents are protected by intellectual property rights, and either belong to us or are licensed to us to use. You may not copy or use them without our consent in writing.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you. If we terminate your access to the Service, your photos, likes, friendships, and all other data will no longer be accessible through your account (e.g., users will not be able to navigate to your username and view your photos), but those materials and data may persist and appear within the Service (e.g., if your Content has been re-shared by others).
- We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username for any reason.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove, edit, block, and/or monitor Content or accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion violates these Terms of condition.
- YOUR CORRESPONDENCE AND BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY. You may choose, at your sole and absolute discretion and risk, to use applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party service (each, an "Application") and such Application may interact with, connect to or gather and/or pull information from and to your Service profile. By using such Applications, you acknowledge and agree to the following: (i) if you use an Application to share information, you are consenting to information about your profile on the Service being shared; (ii) your use of an Application may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with you, even if Bringz has not itself provided such information; and (iii) your use of an Application is at your own option and risk, and you will hold the Bringz Parties (defined below) harmless for activity related to the Application.
- Bringz does not claim ownership of any Content that you post on or through the Service. Instead, you hereby grant to Bringz a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use the Content that you post on or through the Service.
- The Service contains content owned or licensed by Bringz ("Bringz Content"). Bringz Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and Bringz, Bringz owns and retains all rights in the Bringz Content and the Service. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Bringz Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the Bringz Content.
- The Bringz name and logo are trademarks of Bringz, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Bringz. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of Bringz, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Bringz.
- Although it is Bringz's intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Also, Bringz reserves the right to remove any Content from the Service for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Service may continue to be stored by Bringz, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Bringz encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, Bringz is not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Service for the purposes of Content backup or storage. Bringz will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
- You agree that Bringz is not responsible for, and does not endorse, Content posted within the Service. Bringz does not have any obligation to prescreen, monitor, edit, or remove any Content. If your Content violates these Terms of conditions, you may bear legal responsibility for that Content.
- It is Bringz’s policy not to accept or consider content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those we have specifically requested and to which certain specific terms, conditions and requirements may apply. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed or are developing independently. Accordingly, Bringz does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas, and takes no responsibility for any materials or ideas so transmitted. If, despite our policy, you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you further agree that Bringz is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you
- You must register as a Member before you can make any Purchases. You need an account to view your Purchased Tickets, review past Purchases, and for other purposes. Payment for Purchases is exclusively through the Payment Provider.
- We reserve the right to decline a new registration or cancel your account at any time. We do not have to give our reasons for doing so, but these may include failure to provide us with a valid e-mail address that is personal to you, or with a correct name and surname.
- To create a Bringz account you must follow the procedure for doing so on the Site or via the App. You warrant that the information you provide is true, complete and accurate. You will promptly inform us of any changes to such information by updating your account details on the Site or via the App at any time.
- You agree to keep the password chosen by you in the course of the registration process confidential and you are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your password and Purchases are made via your account. If you disclose your password you must let us know as soon as you become aware in order for us to take action.
- You agree that any person who you permit deliberately or inadvertently to use your password (including if you do not log out of your account and another person uses your device to make Purchases or you write your password and it is seen and used to gain access to your account) is authorised to act as your agent to use the Service and make Purchases via your account.
- Any Purchase of Tickets you make using the Service is between you and the Promoter. Each Event may be subject to different terms set by the Promoter, which will be made known to you at the time of Purchase.
- If you have a complaint about a Contract or the goods or services supplied it lies with the Promoter, not us.
- For most Events you will receive an electronic Ticket. In the case of an Event, you must take with you your purchased Ticket via the app.
- Tickets must be used within the time specified on the Ticket, or it will no longer be valid (and you will not be entitled to a refund). If you fail to use a Ticket within the time specified for any reason, you will forfeit your and we will not provide a refund.
- It is your responsibility to check your Tickets. If you have made a mistake it cannot always be rectified after purchase
- It is your responsibility to confirm that an Event is taking place as advertised. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of a cancelled or re-scheduled Event by requiring Promoters to take appropriate steps to notify Purchasers but we do not guarantee you will be informed of such cancellation before the time for the Event.
- Tickets may be purchased by clicking on the Events you wish to Purchase and then following the prompts that will appear on-screen. You may check and correct any input errors in your order up until the point at which you submit your order to us by clicking the 'Tap to book tickets’' button within the Service.
- Where a concession is claimed, proof of identity and concession entitlement (for example of age or student status) may be required.
- Counterfeiting, copying, sale, resale or trade of a Ticket is prohibited. If you attempt to do this we reserve the right to void the Voucher or Ticket and cancel your account.
- Your Ticket is evidence of a personal revocable licence which may be withdrawn by us or the Promoter and admission refused at any time upon refunding the purchase price.
- We may limit the number of Tickets you can buy for any one Event. We reserve the right, on reasonable suspicion, to cancel without notice or liability to you any order for Tickets purchased over any specified limits or if we reasonably suspect fraudulent conduct in connection with the Purchase.
- A Ticket may not be used for advertising, promotions, contests or sweepstakes without the Promoter's and our written consent.
- The Promoter may alter or vary the Event terms due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange Tickets other than in certain cases.
- The Promoter may refuse or revoke admission to an Event should you or your guests breach any terms and conditions of the Event, or otherwise upon reasonable grounds. It is at the Promoter's discretion to admit latecomers, but admission cannot be guaranteed.
- You only have the right to products or services corresponding to those stated on the Ticket, but the Promoter reserves the right to provide alternative products or services of equivalent value to those stated on the Ticket or to give a full refund.
- The Promoter is entirely responsible for ensuring that all details of Events and Offers promoted by the Promoter are correct, that any applicable terms and conditions are brought to the attention of Purchasers in the information posted on the Service, and that the related Content is legal, decent and honest, is not defamatory and infringes no intellectual property.
- The Promoter is solely responsible for informing Purchasers of Tickets if an Event is cancelled or postponed and for making refunds, if any.
- Promoters are responsible for informing Bringz of any bugs or issues with the platform. Bringz is in no way liable for losses caused by these bugs or issues, but will endeavour to fix these as soon as possible.
- The Promoter is exclusively responsible for accounting to HMRC for any VAT due and payable on the sale of the Tickets.
- Bringz may remove any Event or Offer from the Service if we believe it to be contrary to law or public policy or morality.
- When you access third party websites or applications from the App you do so at your own risk. Any third party websites or applications are outside of our control, and we are not responsible for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or applications.
- Sometimes Bringz may request additional permissions related to the settings on your mobile device, such as accessing your location or enabling push notifications in order to carry out certain actions or allow you to enjoy certain features. If you choose not to give us the necessary permissions then you may not be able to access all the features and functions of the App.
- The Service is merely an online marketplace. Refunds are entirely a matter for the Promoter from whom you have Purchased Tickets using the Service.
- All intellectual property rights (which includes rights such as copyright, and rights in trade marks) in any content of the App (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trademarks and logos) are owned by us and/or our licensors. Except as expressly set out in these Terms, nothing in these Terms gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading content from the App. If you print off, copy or store pages from the App (only as permitted by these terms and conditions), you must ensure that any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original content are reproduced.
- You agree that by submitting any posting, images or other content for publication on the App (Your Content), you retain any copyright you may have in Your Content, however you grant us and our affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, edit, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it into other works in any form, media or technology, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes. You waive any moral rights you may have in, or to be identified as the author, of Your Content.
- You are solely responsible for Your Content (including content you share with other sites, such as social networking sites) and we do not endorse Your Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with Your Content.
Bringz Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This below explains how we use the information we collect about you (or that you provide us with), how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information and procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy. For the purposes of this policy, the term “Promoter” is used to refer to event creators using our Services to create and promote events. The term “Customers” shall be used to refer to an individual who attends, or consumes information in relation to, an event. Promoters, Customers and other third parties who use our services are referred to in this policy as “Users”, “you” or “your”.
We provide an online marketing platform that Promoters may use to market to or stay in contact with Users and Customers. We provide a transactional website and mobile application where individuals can buy tickets to events put on by the Promoters who use our platform to sell tickets to their events.
Bringz as a Data Controller and a Data Processor
Where you create an account with us to organise your events (i.e. you are acting as a Promoter) or to explore the services we offer, Bringz will be a Data Controller in respect of the Personal Data that you provide as part of our account. We will also be a Data Controller of the Personal Data that we have obtained about the use of our applications or platform, which could relate to any User.
If you register for an event as a Customer, we will process your Personal Data to help administer that event on behalf of the Promoter (for example processing payments and sending confirmation) and to help the Promoter in the promotion of their Event and future events. Alternatively, where you are a user of a Promoter and the Promoter imports your contact information into our Server as they wish to invite you to an Event or to use our platform, we will process your Personal Data to administer the Promoter’s event or the Promoter’s request In such circumstances, Bringz provides the systems for Promoters but does not control the Personal Data that is requested from an individual nor are we responsible for the continued accuracy of this Personal Data.
Any questions you may have in this set of circumstances regarding the use of your data should be directed at the Promoter. Where you no longer wish to be contacted by a Promoter through our platform, you can unsubscribe from any communications you receive from Bringz. In addition, in these circumstances, where you wish to update any inaccuracies in your Personal Data on our system, or wish for your Personal Data to be deleted from our system, you can contact either us or the Promoter.
You can contact us at email@example.com with any questions you may have about privacy or data protection.
Please note that links from our website may take you to external websites not covered by this policy. We recommend that you check their privacy policies yourself before submitting any personal information. We will not be responsible for the content, function or information collection policies of these external websites.
- The information we collect and how we collect it
You are not required (by law or by any contract with us) to provide personal information to us via this website. We will only require you to provide personal information to us where it is necessary for us to provide you with a service (such as where you create an account with us).
Information about all users
Information we collect about you
We may receive personal information about you whenever you contact or engage with us. For example, by doing the following:
This information may include the following:
- creating and using a registered account on our website
- creating an account, or accessing our website/platform using a third party account (for example a social media account)
- using and browsing our website
- telephoning, texting, writing by post or emailing us
Please note that Bringz will not store credit or debit card information
- normal identification information, such as your full name
- contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number;
- social media identification information, such your Facebook page address
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect information about you from other sources. This may include for example information you have shared publicly, including on social media.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Information we receive from other sources
Sometimes you will have given your consent for other websites, services or third parties to provide information to us.
For example, this could include information we receive about you if you follow a Promoter’s page/website we operate or any other services we provide, in which case we will have informed you when we collected this data that it may be shared. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share your data.
Information about Promoters
Information we collect about you
In addition to what is set out above, where you are a Promoter then we may collect additional information about you.
Information about Customers
Information we collect about you
As a Customer we will collect additional Personal Data from you, sometimes for our own purposes and other times on behalf of a Promoter.
If you register for a paid event, you will provide financial information (e.g. your credit card number and expiration date, billing address etc.), some of which may constitute Personal Data. Please note that as set out above, Bringz will not store this credit card information
Providing our services
It is necessary for us to use personal information about you to enter into and perform the contracts that we make with you, such as when you are purchasing a ticket using our website with us, you establish yourself as a Promoter on our site or you create your own website using our services. Using your information in this context is necessary so that we can:
Where you create your account, or you obtain from us any other service that we offer free of charge, it is necessary for us to use your personal information and we have a legitimate interest in providing these services to you. Using your information is necessary so that we can:
- provide you with information about your event/an event you are attending and any other of our services
- verify your identity
- deal with any complaints you may have
- contact you about any changes to your event/an event you are attending or that we make to our products or services
- administer our website, including troubleshooting problems, analysing statistics, conducting research and tests and keeping the site secure
- where you are a Promoter or otherwise advertising an event:
- provide you with information on the attendees at your event
- ensure you receive payments owed to you in relation to an event
- contacting you to bill and collect any money owed to us
- to inform you of other services we offer
Telling you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you
- provide you with information about our products and services, including the forthcoming events that may be of interest based on the brands which you follow; and
- provide you with other news and information from Bringz.
We may use your information to identify and tell you about our products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
We may also use your information to invite you to participate in market-research. If we do contact you about market-research, you do not have to participate. If you tell us that you do not want to receive market-research communications, we will respect this.
Whether you choose to receive marketing communications, or market-research communications is entirely up to you. You can choose to receive both, none, or just one or the other. Your choice will not affect any products or services that you have purchased from us, nor will it affect any quotes for products or services you buy in future.
Making our business better
We always want to offer the best products, services and experience that we can. Sometimes this means we may use your information to find ways that we can improve what we do, or how we do it.
In this context, we will only use your information where it is necessary so that we can:
- review and improve our existing products and services and develop new ones;
- review and improve the performance of our systems, processes and staff (including training);
- improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We want to stay in touch with you! Sometimes we may need to use the information that we have about you in order to respond to your questions or let you know about important changes.
We will only use your information in this respect where it is necessary so that we can:
Verifying your identity
- interact and respond to any communications you send us, including where you use our contact us form and any social media posts that you tag us in
- let you know about any important changes to our business or policies
We may use your information where it is necessary for us to do so in order to meet our legal obligations or to detect and prevent fraud, money-laundering and other crimes.
Protecting you and others from harm
We may use your information where it is necessary to protect your interests, or the interests of others. This may include in the event of criminality such as identity theft, piracy or fraud.
- Who do we share your personal information with?
Sharing your information within our company
We share the information that you provide to us with our staff so that we can provide our products and services to you.
Sharing your information with third parties
When a Customer requests to follow a Promoter on our website, we share your data with that Promoter in order for them to provide you details of events and offers that you may be interested in. When you choose to follow a Promoter that Promoter will be a Data Controller as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act [1998/2018].
Promoters are allowed to use our system to contact Customers of their current and past events, so you may receive emails from our system that originate from such Promoters that we send on their behalf. If a Customer registered for an event using our platform, their email address is available to the Promoter of that event.
Promoters may also import contact information they have from external sources and send communications through our platform to those individuals, we and will deliver those communications to those individuals on the Promoter’s behalf. The Promoter and not Bringz is responsible for sending these communications. The Customer has the right to opt out of such communications at any time, as is set out below.
In addition to the above, there are certain exceptional circumstances in which we may disclose your information to third parties. This would be where we believe that the disclosure is:
- required by the law, or in order to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal or regulatory proceedings;
- necessary to protect the safety of our employees, our property or the public;
- necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, including exchanging information with other companies or organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- proportionate as part of a merger, business or asset sale, in the event that this happens we will share your information with the prospective seller or buyer involved.
- Sometimes, we share your information with our third-party providers, who help us provide and support our Services. Examples of third-party providers include payment processors, email marketing platforms, hosting services and content delivery services. We have contracts with each of these providers that specify that they will only use your data for the purposes of performing the services we have contracted them for. Anonymised data is also used for the purposes of website and app analytics.
- Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Please note, if we detect abusive or illegal behaviour related to your database, we may share your database or portions of it with affected ISPs or anti-spam organisations.
- Notice of Security Breach where Bringz is a Data Processor
Where a security breach causes an unauthorised instruction into our system that materially affects data which Bringz holds in its role as a Data Processor for a Promoter (see below), then Bringz will notify the Promoter as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response. Under the terms of the GDPR and any and all domestic legislation incorporating the Regulation into English law, we will also inform the ICO within 72 hours of any breach.
- Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Bringz or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Updating your details
All personal information entered into Bringz can be edited and changed by you at any time. Alterations can be made in the settings area.
- Your rights
You have the right to cancel your membership
You have the right to cancel your membership at any time. This can be done by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to be informed
We have a legal obligation to provide you with concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible information about your personal information and our use of it. We have written this policy to do just that, but if you have any questions or require more specific information, you can get in touch with us.
You have the right to access your Personal Data
You have the right to ask us to confirm whether or not we hold any of your personal information. If we do, you have the right to have a copy of your information and to be informed of the following:
In order to maintain the security of your information, we will have to verify your identity before we provide you with a copy of the information we hold.
- why we have been using your information;
- what categories of information we were using;
- who we have shared the information with; and
- how long we envisage holding your information
The first copy of your information that you request from us will be provided free of charge, if you require further copies we may charge an administrative fee to cover our costs.
You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data
Where you have requested a copy of the information we hold about you, you may notice that there are inaccuracies in the records, or that certain parts are incomplete. If this is the case you can update your information by contacting email@example.com so that we can correct our records.
Where your Personal Data is imported into our server by a Promoter, you may also wish to contact that Promoter in order for them to correct any inaccuracies in their records.
You have the right to be forgotten
There may be times where it is no longer necessary for us to hold personal information about you. This could be if:
In those situations you have the right to have your Personal Data deleted. If you believe one of these situations applies to you, please get in touch with us. Where you submit a request for us to delete your Personal Data, we will remove your data from our systems within a reasonable time.
- the information is no longer needed for the original purpose that we collected it for
- you withdraw your consent for us to use the information (and we have no other legal reason to keep using it)
- you object to us using your information and we have no overriding reason to keep using it
- we have used your information unlawfully
- we are subject to a legal requirement to delete your information
In addition, where a Promoter is the Data Controller in relation to Personal Data which you wish for us to delete from our systems, we will also notify the Promoter of your request. Where this applies, you may also request the deletion of your Personal Data by contacting the Promoter.
You have the right to have a copy of your data transferred to you or a third party in a compatible format
Also known as Data Portability, you have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data for your own purposes. This right allows you to move, copy or transfer your Personal Data more easily from one IT system to another, in a safe and secure way.
This right shall only apply where:
If you would like us to transfer a copy of your data to you or another organisation in a structured, commonly use and machine-readable format, please contact us. There is no charge for you exercising this right.
- we are processing your information for the purposes of entering into or performing a contract; or
- you have provided consent for us to process your information.
You have the right to object to direct marketing
You can tell us at any time that you would prefer that we do not use your information for direct marketing purposes. Each communication you receive from us will contain a link for you to unsubscribe to future communications if you would not like to receive any direct marketing from us or a Promoter. In addition, you may change your marketing preferences at any time by logging into your account and updating your settings.
Where you have signed up for a Bringz account, or connect your Bringz account, with another social media account whose features include social notifications, you will receive these social notifications. You can manage these social notifications by amending your settings for these accounts, or by disabling the integration between these accounts.
You have the right to object to us using your information for our own legitimate interests
Sometimes, we use your personal information to achieve goals that will help us as well as you. This includes:
We aim to always ensure that your rights and information are properly protected. If you believe that the way we are using your data is not justified due to its impact on you or your rights, you have the right to object. Unless we have a compelling reason to continue, we must stop using your Personal Data for these purposes.
- when we tell you about products or services that are similar to ones that you have already bought;
- when we use you information to help us make our business better; and
- when we contact you to interact, communicate or let you know about changes we are making.
In order to exercise your right to object to our use of your data for the purposes above, you can click the “unsubscribe” link which is set out in each of our communications to you, which will enable you to unsubscribe to communications. Alternatively, you can update your preferences in relation to direct marketing within your Bringz account, or on the Bringz account.
You have the right to restrict how we use your Personal Data
You have the right to ask us to stop using your Personal Data in any way other than simply keeping a copy of it. This right is available where:
If you believe any of these situations apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- you have informed us that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, and we have not yet been able to verify this;
- you have objected to us using your information for our own legitimate interests and we are in the process of considering your objection;
- we have used your information in an unlawful way, but you do not want us to delete your data; or
- we no longer need to use the information, but you need it for a legal claim.
You have rights related to automated-decision making and profiling
Any automated decision-making or profiling we undertake is solely for the purpose of tailoring the information which we provide to you. We will not use automated decision-making or profiling to make any decisions which will have a legal effect upon you or otherwise significantly affect you, and you have the right not to be subject to such decisions. If you have any concerns or questions about this right, please contact us at email@example.com
- Contacting Bringz and making a complaint
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE BRINGZ PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE BRINGZ CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; (D) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE; (E) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE BRINGZ PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY'S USE OF THE SERVICE; (F) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (G) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICE'S OPERATION; OR (H) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER'S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE BRINGZ PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE SERVICE). IN NO EVENT WILL THE BRINGZ PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE BRINGZ PARTIES TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED ONE HUNDRED BRITISH POUNDS (£100)
YOU AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF BINRGZ'S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, SERVICE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE BRINGZ PARTIES, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE BRINGZ PARTIES.
BRINGZ IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.